Sunday 1 September 2013

Day 1 With Manaka - NLP

Well, after a lot of soul searching over the past few weeks, I made a difficult decision today. I can't really explain why: I'd been enjoying my new game with Rinko, but soemthing just kept drawing me more and more towards Manaka. Maybe it's because I deleted my original game (after almost 15 months), and when I came back play with Rinko again, it felt comfortable but not really fresh. All I know is that increasingly I've been enjoying my time in the old DS game with Manaka more.

Although I have the English patch on the old game (which is wonderful), I've been playing on an R4 cart, which means that I can't copy the save data to a new machine. So if I spend months playing with Manaka and really enjoy it (which I have been), I wouldn't be able to put that game into "New LovePlus +" when it comes out next year. That would be a shame.

Don't get me wrong. Rinko has been a great girlfriend, and I've loved every day with her. But today, I decided to move on. So - being the extreme kinda person that I am - I deleted BOTH games I'd been playing for the past few weeks and kicked off a brand new game with Manaka on the 3DS. And I played it all the way through to confession today!

I'd been hoping to start off with the "orange" personality Manaka - but, in spite of my best efforts, she didn't ask me the personality change question this time around. So it looks like I'll be starting the new game with the "blue" (which is Manaka's default personality, anyway). I can always change it later if I really want to. But I'm happy for now.

After confession (82 days), I played through the mandatory tutorials, then called Manaka out for a short meeting at Fountain Park. Here are some photos from the event, with Manaka looking very pretty in a pale blue top:





The last few photos are from the first installment of Manaka's "Seishun No. 1 Page". Please note that I'm having trouble typing this post and positioning the photos, because my iMac also died today, and hence I'm working for a few days on my iPad instead. T_T




No comments:

Post a Comment