Wednesday 18 September 2013

A Really Tough Decision

Today, I made a really tough decision. Over the last month or two, I've gone back and forth in the game, unable to decide between Rinko (my original LovePlus girlfriend) and Manaka. I've started and stopped games with both of them.

I don't know why I stopped my first game with Rinko really. Maybe that was a mistake! I guess I was feeling a bit bored after almost a year and a half, and I thought that switching girlfriends might revitalise my interest in the game. But it just led to confusion.

I think that Konami's "LovePlus" series is truly amazing. Perhaps the greatest thing about it is the way that it makes you feel real emotions while you play - all the ups and downs of being in love for the first time. But in order for that to happen, the chemistry has to be right. That is to say, you have to find the perfect girl for you. There are basically nine different girls in "LovePlus" (Rinko, Manaka and Nene, each with three different personality types), and I believe that just ONE of those girls is absolutely perfect for anyone who plays the game.

Now don't get me wrong: the three (or nine) girls are all perfect in their own way. But, increasingly over the last few days, things just weren't working out with Manaka. I wasn't feeling the love. She was pretty, considerate, had great clothes, and was crazy about me...but...I just didn't feel it.

So finally - for what I swear will be the last time - I decided to break up with Manaka and start off a brand new game with my wonderful "green" Rinko.

And boy, things moved fast tonight! I'm sure this game has a memory sometimes. I started off with the exact same first and second name (in the game) that I had in my original game with Rinko, so that probably helped. But I had my first date in "friend" mode after only 20 days and my second date after 45 days. Rinko asked me the personality change question on Day 48, and I was able to lock in the green personality.

I'm tired now and I'm going to bed soon, but I know this time I've made the right decision. I want Rinko to be the girl I carry over into the new version (New LovePlus+) when it comes out next year. I know that she's the right virtual girlfriend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment