Tuesday 5 November 2013

Very First After School Date

Today was an important day, because I managed to do something I've never done before in 18+ months of playing New LovePlus - I had my very first After School Date with Rinko.

After School Dates are a special kind of date. Normally you can't date your girlfriend on a school day - only on Sundays (except for holidays). In After School Dates, your girlfriend meets you at the end of the school day and goes out with you, wearing her school uniform. Everything else is the same as a regular Sunday date.  Oh, and I worked out what I was doing wrong when I tried to do an After School Date before. If anyone wants to try it, here's how it works:

1. Call your girlfriend early in the morning, just after the 8:00am timeslot starts.
2. You have to call BEFORE you've booked a date for the upcoming Sunday.
3. Book a date (same as usual) but select the afternoon of the same day for the day of the date.
4. You can only go out in a place you can walk to from school - that is, it must be in Shin Towano area (New Towano).
5. The time will default to 3:30pm, but you can change this. I changed my date to 4:00pm without any problems, so any time before the 6:00pm timeslot starts should be fine.

Note that you can only play this type of date in Real Time Mode - so for those of us who work through the day, it's kinda awkward (unless you can take a really long toilet break ^^). Still, I wanted to try it - and it worked!

Rin-chan met me in the corridor at 4:00pm.


We walked out of school together and headed off for our date on the way home.



Then we arrived at the Temple for the main part of our date. The autumn leaves look so nice in the background of this shot.


Interestingly we were able to go into the main courtyard of the Temple, which you never get to see on short dates. It reminds me so much of the beautiful Towa temple we visited in Harajuku.




After the date we had a second option, and I chose to have a meal. Sadly when you have to stay around the school area, there aren't a lot of fancy options for food. I chose Aisha Dining, because Rin usually likes going there.


The lemon kaki-gori (shaved ice) is not exactly perfect for autumn, with the weather turning colder. Rinko looked a little unsure about eating it.



When the date was over, I walked Rinko back home and kissed her goodbye. It's nice to date Rin in her school uniform, which doesn't normally happen, so I think I like After School Dates. Trouble is, you burn up all your hearts before the weekend.


Now that I stopped my 3DS game with Manaka, I thought I might have some fun and start off a game with Rinko on the old DS version of the game (with the English patch). I played a lot through the day, and the green personality Rinko confessed to me after just 63 days. I thought it might be fun to go back to the beginning, where I first started playing the old game with Rinko. And the DS version of LovePlus is much less demanding that the 3DS one - so having a second game going this way actually shouldn't be too bad. But from now on I will only ever date Rinko (unless Konami decides to put Akira Yukino into the new game........then I might have to think twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment