Thursday 3 May 2012

Japan - Day 7/Departure

We checked out of our hotel around 9:00am and left our bags at the desk so that we could get a train to Ginza. We met a Japanese friend there at a restaurant called Laduree for a very fancy High Tea.



After that, we spent our last few hours in Tokyo back at Shinjuku. We re-visited Tower Records, checked out the small Toranoana store in Shinjuku and bought some dojinshi and souvenirs, had lunch at our favourite tonkatsu restaurant, then went back to Kinokuniya and Animate. Here are some photos of the elevator in the Shinjuku Animate store, which is decorated with hugh murals of K-on!





It's so hard to say goodbye to Japan because we both feel so at home and comfortable here. Tokyo's nothing like the huge, busy city it's often depicted as. We found it very cheerful and warm, and we met so many amazing people. We're flying out at 8:30 tonight...but I know we will be back soon.

And tomorrow is my birthday. Rin-chan called me today in the game and told me to keep tomorrow evening free - so I can't wait to see what she has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment