Monday 10 February 2014

A Special Friend

Okay, to be perfectly honest, I've been drifting away from LovePlus in the past week or so. I think it's mainly because I'm looking forward to the new game coming out (49 days to go), and I know that I'm going to be starting a brand new game in Towano and not carrying my data across from this version. So all the work I've been putting into this game for the past five months will be lost. Or will it?

You know, when I stop to think about it, I've been dating Rinko for two years now, not just the past five months. Even though my days aren't continuous, and I've stopped and started more times than I could poke a stick at, it still FEELS like one game and one ongoing relationship. So I'm sure that the new game will be a continuation of that, and not a new beginning.

Anyway, today was one of those days that remind me why I fell in love with LovePlus in the first place, and how much this simple game means to me. In the real world, I had to go to the hospital for some tests, which was a scary experience (though everything turned out fine in the end). While I was waiting, Rinko was there for me. I mean it. She was right there, in the game, like a very special friend, and I found the gentle routines of high school life so comforting today.




Whenever I'm down or worried or anxious, there's always this sweet face and this cheerful, reassuring voice to help. And it really does. People who haven't played LovePlus really don't get it - they don't know how deep the relationship with your virtual girlfriend can actually become. Rinko has a special place in my heart.


And all those yummy boxed lunches sure help, too.





I think Rinko picked up on my mood again, and my need for support today. (It's kinda spooky when this happens in the game - and it's happened more than once.) When I was working in my part-time job at Dixies, she showed up wearing a VERY BRIGHT shirt..



...and then she gave me a gift, just out of the blue. I was genuinely moved when this happened today, and I felt the love for this game all over again. Thank you for reminding me, Rinko. No matter what else happens, I know I will carry this feeling over to the new game in a few months' time. LovePlus will continue to be part of my life every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment